Recently, I was checking my analytics and realized I got a few hits from a blog by the name of o’habitation. Cori, o’habitation author, had awarded me the Liebster Award, which is a small blogging recognition award. I couldn’t believe that someone else had taken note of my work enough to acknowledge it. The premise of the award is to recognize new, up and coming blogs and inspire them to keep going. I’ve been so busy wrapped up in projects I haven’t had time to give special thanks for the award.
Here’s a little more information about the Liebster Award:This award’s origins are a bit mysterious, but the premise is this: bloggers award other bloggers that are new to the blogging world. The award acts as a pat on the back and a bit of encouragement to continue …a “that’s a sweet little blog you’ve got … here’s an award!” Recipients must then play by the (ever changing) rules of paying it forward before displaying the award on their blog. Essentially it’s a chain letter, but it exposes new readers to blogs. It also serves to build the blogging community.
Here are the (current) rules:
- Thank the person who awarded you and link back to their blog.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the awarding blogger.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you award.
- Visit the pages of 11 bloggers you would like to award and let them know. Awarded bloggers must have 200 or less followers.
11 Facts About Me
- I have a Maltese dog, who is named Kipsy Behr. He was our first baby.
- I’ve been married to my wonderful husband, “B”, for almost 7 years.
- I’ve lived in 2 states…Georgia and Louisiana.
- My parents were divorced when I was 10.
- I have 7 other siblings, only one is a boy.
- If I went back to college it would be for marketing. I love marketing and consulting with my husband’s business, iiicreative. It allows me to work from home, so I can squeeze in house projects for lunch. 🙂
- I attended college for 2 1/2 years for nursing.
- My husband and I met in Mississippi.
- My daughter is 23 months old
- My favorite always has been and always will be shrimp. I love my seafood!
- I really love finding something unique and finding a place for it in my home.
11 Questions from O’Habitation
- What is your favorite blog and why? It would have to be Young House Love. I love how in spite of the popularity they are still just Sherry and John…real people. They show the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to blogging. I really identify with their writing style too.
- Would you choose the mountains or the beach? I would definitely choose the beach. There is something so calming and relaxing the beach. I wish I could spend more time there.
- What prompted you to start blogging? There is alot of inspiration out there and I figured I could add my own flair. I also thought having a blog would be a way to document things we do around the house.
- What is your favorite time of day? I’m a night owl so anytime at night.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor.
- What is #1 on your bucket list? That’s a good question. I guess I need to make a bucket list.
- What is your favorite meal to make at home? A gumbo…shrimp, sausage, chicken, roux and lots of love.
- What is your favorite meal to eat out? Chinese or Thai food.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Maya Angelou, very inspirational and insightful woman.
- What is one thing you would change about yourself? Indecisiveness
- What is one thing you would never change about yourself? Patience
Special thanks again to Cori of o’habitation. I love her great recipes!
Now the hard works begins. I’m off to look for other beginning bloggers who deserved to be recognized.