Well my family is late to the slime train, but we finally did it. We made our own kid-friendly slime! I’ve been intimidated about the slime craze because I was nervous about the chemical exposure. I’ve become a serious label reader to learn more about what family is exposed to. Call me paranoid or whatever you’d like but this Mom is not changing! So naturally, I was a little apprehensive about making slime. But the kids have been begging for months. You know how that is right? So, I finally broke down and tried to make slime. It didn’t work.
Come on kids, let’s make some slime!
Yes, I tried to make slime TWICE with various recipes but was not successful. I felt so bad that I kept buying all these different things…shaving cream, glue, saline solution, etc. Then it wouldn’t work! It would either be too sticky, too much foam, and definitely not slime. Thankfully, Brandon was ready and willing to help. He was able to find the perfect kid-friendly slime recipe. Fortunately, I’d like you to get it right the first time. So, I’m sharing our kid-friendly slime recipe with you today.
How To Make Kid-Friendly Slime
- Pour entire bottle of glue into plastic container.
- Stir in baking soda until fully mixed.
- Stir in contact solution until fully mixed. The mixture should start sticking to itself.
- Still sticky? Add 1-2 squirts of contact solution and mix well. Keep mixing and kneading all of the ingredients together, even using your hands to do so.
- A drop of two of baby oil will help it to not to stick to your hands.
- Done playing with slime? Be sure to place in air-tight container with lid.
Tip: At some stores, you will need to ask for assistance with purchasing glue. In this case, it’s normally behind the counter for safety reasons.
Thanks to Brandon who was willing to do the research, get the right items, and make slime with the kids. I was not about to drag the kids along (for a third time) on my slime escapade. Dad got it done. That’s completely fine with me! Everybody is happy now!
Dad for the win!
Have you made slime with your kids yet? Let me know in the comments below?